Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetGoogle · 1 month ago

Is Google supposed to know what I download using my phone?

My phone is a ZTE so there are Google apps on it but it is not a Google phone and before I get in touch with google, I wanted some opinions here. Google disabled my account shortly after I downloaded a movie onto my phone. Besides the issue of it maybe being copyrighted, is Google supposed to know what I download onto my device? I double checked my phone and nothing I had on it is illegal or anything. I have no issue with not having a Google account if they are going to be doing stuff like this but I feel like this is a violation of privacy?

What I mean is I don't expect these tech giants to be looking through my files on my phone without permission but I found out I had my phone setup to backup and sync files to my Google account so the file got downloaded to my Google account drive so I think that was my problem. But will still verify with Google.

• i + i

This might come as a huge revelation 

to you, but the Android operating system 

on your phone IS Google, not just any 

apps you might have added to it. 

• Lv 7

google doesn't block accounts for downloading. they may block users for SHARING copyrighted materials using their services, but they don't spy on you like that.

you can read the Privacy Policy for any of their services at any time...

Google is omnipotent