Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 month ago

Can you refuse to get a tetanus shot after a bad cut?

If the doctor tells you to get the shot, then the answer is no.

I am pretty sure it will make no difference.

I always refuse them. They try to make it seem like something horrible is going to happen if you don’t get one. So far nothing horrible has happened to me. Knock on wood. Besides they just want to add the extra charge to your bill. Mainstream medicine is big business in this country. A bonafide industry. 

• ?

I can, but won't because I am not a pro-disease moron

• Andy C

Of course.   It's America.   You can refuse any medical advice you want to,  no matter how much you are stupid to ignore it.

Unless it endangers others...

• Mark

Yes.  But you'd probably die of idiocy if you did.

• Yes you can, but then you would have to deal with the consequence if you didn't get the shot. 

You still can in the US.  I get one if I have a deep puncture wound and haven't had a shot in a decade or so.

You can refuse. If you have a regular doctor and you refuse medical recommendations then he can drop you as a patient. Two way street. 

Not wise to refuse a tetanus shot which means you sound like a person who would have poor compliance with a lot of medical practices and procedures and recommendations. In simple terms a pain in the *** for doctors. 

yeah vaccinations are for poor people #roastedbybarbra

Not at all. That would be very silly