Can I put insurance on a car before I put it in my name?

I live in California and just bought a used car from someone but I won't be able to put it in my name for about a week because I live a distance away from a DMV. It was actually suggested to me by Pops to insure it right away even if I won't be able to put it in my name for about a week. Just curios if I can. Thank you.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

No. It must be in your name 

• 1 month ago

In case you're searching for the least demanding approach to guarantee a vehicle that is not in your name, you can add the proprietor of the vehicle to your protection strategy as an extra premium. At the point when you do this, your expenses won't increment as it simply states another person's insurable interest.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

ISIS = ISRAELI SECRET INTELLIGENCE SERVICE = daughter of MOSSAD.

AL QAEDA = daughter of CIA.

Next false flag (in order to attack Iran) = STATUE OF LIBERTY.

9/11 and Statue of Liberty false flags were predicted by saint healer prophet VYACHESLAV  KRASHENINNIKOV (aka incarnated ARCHANGEL URIEL).

Source(s): According to the Last Prophet (aka incarnated ARCHANGEL URIEL aka saint healer VYACHESLAV KRASHENINNIKOV) if the last descendant rejects mark of the beast, then his/her direct ancestors go to permanent heaven. To reject mark of the beast, one needs to hide within a 10-15 people group without electronics/documents. Documents are from Satan; burn them. Electronics can be used to track you and to show the antichrist (even on old broken unplugged TV set from 1970's); reject all vaccines, tests, temperature scans, etc.; forgive me.
  • 1 month ago

Yes you can, especially when you consider that the California DMV won't issue plates for a vehicle without valid insurance.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yeah.  That way you are covered for Fire & theft. & vandalism.

• 1 month ago

If you own it, insure it.  If "in my name" means registering with the DMV, get insurance.

• May
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You cannot insure a car unless you have a "Insurable Interest" in that car.

Definition  "Insurable Interest — an interest by the insured person in the value of the subject of insurance, including any legal or financial relationship. Insurable interest usually results from property rights, contract rights, and potential legal liability.

• 1 month ago

If you have no legal interest in the car, you can't add insurance.

You also can't drive the car because you have no insurance.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would ask the insurance company about it

• 1 month ago

I think so.  If I remember correctly, you are supposed to get insurance before you go to the DMV.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.