How can I lossen this screw?

Someone who worked on this laptop previously obv messed up this screw and I can't get it out with any screw driver. The screw looks kind of damaged and I'm at a loss. What can I do to safely remove this screw?

To those who say TOSS IT or THROW IT AWAY, screw you! I paid $1700 for this laptop.

• garry

why not go to and electrical supplier and but a screw drive to suit it , or home depot and get a bit set for $20 and it will cover laptop and phones , you paid $1700 then the warranty till fix it , they do put those type of screws in to keep a novice out .use a security thread set , some type of square head with a centre pin .

biddy allen hex wrenches?a drop ,only a drop of WD on it

There are devices that fit into electric drills for removing broken bolts and screws.   They basically are left handed threads,   you stick them in the drill,  put the drill on reverse and start drilling,   They will dig into the screw or bolt going contra clockwise and as they grip they unscrew the bolt or screw.   

I don't know how to "lossen" anything

It looks like the square end of a socket say 1/4" drive?

Or 1/8" drive.? Or 3/8" drive.        You take out the bigger square part.  I wouldn't.  It is a laptop. Toss it. It holds the unit TOGETHER.

Buy a new one. Cost of repair costs more than a new unit.  It is not a screw for you.

There are bits you can buy which can help, but I would first try a rubber band.  Put the rubber band across the screw (stretch a little) and then push down hard with the screwdriver.  It can help to grip.

• Droopy

That a square drive screw.  You need to get a square head driver or bit.

Throw away the whole laptop. Too risky.

Drill the head off.  Very gently.

You should have a philips size #1, #0 and #00. Using whichever fits the screw best, apply pressure as you unscrew the screw. The head is damaged but not to the point where a properly sized driver won’t remove it.