Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why do people declare themselves to be without believe in one thing? I don't believe in leprechans, but i don't declare myself aleprechanist?

Why do some people declare themselves to be without belief in one thing, when they may be without belief in other things too?  What metric do they use to categorize everything that they are without belief of, to summarize it up into one thing that they decided they will declare themselves without belief in?

• Corey

There isnt anybody constantly trying to convince you that leprechauns are real.. so there is not need for you to.

• Nous

Because people like YOU prove that the problem is not anything to do with atheists, God, Jesus, the bible, or even Christianity and all to do with the intolerance, hatred, bigotry, homophobia and persecution posted by BAD Christians towards others‽

ALL the other religions and atheists live in peace and are ONLY attacked by BAD Christians which causes all GOOD Christians to despair at the damage they do!

The self-destruction of Christianity is underway and the only thing that can stop it is to abandon the terrible human emotions, seek to rediscover the idea of a loving god and act like it!

BAD Christians not only drive people further away from God but are the reason so many DECENT people are becoming ANTI THEISTS!

Pew News reports Christianity is shrinking with a corresponding rise in atheism!

Five times as many Americans in 2014 said they never prayed compared to those asked the same question in the 1980s

"Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven. -Mat 6:1

Treat a man as he appears to be, and you make him worse. But treat a man as if he were what he potentially could be, and you make him what he should be. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Christianity is not about hating others and driving people away but about worshipping the LOVING GOD and drawing people to him!!!!!!!

An interesting point. Sticking with the leprechaun narrative, I don't believe in leprechauns, so I never visit any webpages specifically designed for folk that believe in leprechauns, and as they don't exist, I certainly never ask anyone for evidence that they do. That would be daft, wouldn't it?

If the world was filled with people who believed in leprechauns you would probably need some way to indicate that you weren't one of them. When most of the world is religious, you need a way to indicate that you're not religious. It's pretty simple.  In countries were atheism is the norm, people need to say they're religious. it's all about whether or not you're going along with what's expected in your society.

It's not as if I walk around with a sign hanging off my neck like some crucifix. But when people ask me what religion I follow, what should I say if I do not believe in any gods or religions? It is human nature to name things. If this makes you upset, well grow up and deal with it like an adult.

When was the last time the majority of people in your country started a religion around leprechauns, and tried to pass laws making you live by their beliefs?

If they did, saying you don't believe in leprechauns would ABSOLUTELY be relevant.

Maybe because they are taking a stand against bullying and intimidation. Believers in leprechauns don't spend their time lying about, threatening and insulting those that don't. It's a moral thing. 

I believe I'll have another drink. Should I interpret that to mean I believe everything?