Allie
Lv 4
Allie asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Do you agree that parents should never get mad at their children?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Know your child's limits. Your child might misbehave because he or she doesn't understand or can't do what you're asking.

Explain how to follow the rules. Instead of saying, "Stop hitting," offer suggestions for how to make play go more smoothly, such as "Why don't you two take turns?"

Take 'no' in stride. Don't overreact when your toddler says no. Instead, calmly repeat your request. You might also try to distract your child or make a game out of good behavior. Your child will be more likely to do what you want if you make an activity fun.

Pick your battles. If you say no to everything, your child is likely to get frustrated. Look for times when it's OK to say yes.

Offer choices, when possible. Encourage your child's independence by letting him or her pick out a pair of pajamas or a bedtime story.

Avoid situations that might trigger frustration or tantrums. For example, don't give your child toys that are too advanced for him or her. Avoid long outings in which your child has to sit still or can't play — or bring an activity. Also know that children are more likely to act out when they're tired, hungry, sick or in an unfamiliar setting.

Stick to the schedule. Keep a daily routine so that your child will know what to expect.

Encourage communication. Remind your child to use words to express his or her feelings. If your child isn't speaking yet, consider teaching him or her baby sign language to avoid frustration.

https://www.secureangels.com/

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

Its a human thing to get mad at someone and be annoyed, but it's a whole different thing when you hit, belittle, and bully your child.

• 1 month ago

I think we should bring back bullying. Because sometimes you just need to beat the ever loving sh*t out of a kid to make them into upstanding citizens. It’s like when you see a horse girl playing jumping jacks and then you go and wallop her over the head for being a degenerate, and she starts crying and the teacher gets mad at you and calls your parents to the school and they take away your Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game as a punishment. But she’ll probably thank you later fir bullying the hose girl out of her, because grown horse women are nightmarishly insane. This goes doubly if the kid is a 2013 deviantart Danny Phantom Warriors Cat RP-er. It is illegal to kill a child so what you have to do is just talk down a lot on them and make them feel guilt for their interests and for not performing the way you want them to. And also call them a failure a lot. This will lead to them bottling up their feelings and believing that nobody can relate to them and that being happy with stuff is stupid and that they should just be miserable and crusty forever. Then they’ll go join a bunch of clubs in high school in an attempt to salvage their fleeting youth, but never show up to any of them, and then they’ll develop crippling intimacy issues and  they’ll either become a hentai addict or a raging alcoholic. 

Source(s): My mom, lol
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No. Sometimes kids need firm discipline or they'll never learn. (Especially if the behavior is repetitive.)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No.  Denying our emotions is far more dangerous to ourselves and those around us.

• 1 month ago

YesYesYesYesYes

• 1 month ago

No. Sometimes being angry is the right response to misbehaviour. But it should be a measured and controlled anger, not an uncontrolled rage or a long, simmering grudge.

• edward
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No.  My parents used to get mad at me when i would do things that i should know better.  Understandable.  When i do good i get rewarded, when i do bad i get punished, only fair

• Sky
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's OK to get mad when it's justified, but they absolutely must stay in control of their temper and never hit the kid, physically or verbally/emotionally abuse the kid, or become so enraged that the kid literally fears them at all times.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not exactly.  Not getting mad can be almost impossible.  At some point, most children will do something that will cause a parent to become mad.

What matters most is that when you do get mad at your children - you don't take action while you are mad.  I had plenty of times when I would stop and mentally count to ten before addressing the issue that my children had created.

Many parents yell at their children when angry with them instead of taking that moment to calm down and deal with the situation like an adult.  

Basically, the child should never realize how mad the parent actually was.   

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.