In Luke 12:15 is he saying that our possessions shouldn't be a big part of who we are?

I'm thinking like people who would fall into despair if they lost everything. Like if a person lost all of their money is stock trading and then killed themselves. Is this the underlying definition of greed, that we shouldn't be so attached to our possessions?

Yes Mathew 6:33  we are told to ‘seek first God’s Kingdom’. IIn the context it shows that if we do that He will take car of our needs.

He is teaching that we should store up.treasures in heaven, not on earth.

Matthew 6:19-21— “Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.

Luke 12:13-2 — Then someone called from the crowd, “Teacher, please tell my brother to divide our father’s estate with me.” Jesus replied, “Friend, who made me a judge over you to decide such things as that?” Then he said, “Beware! Guard against every kind of greed. Life is not measured by how much you own.” Then he told them a story: “A rich man had a fertile farm that produced fine crops. He said to himself, ‘What should I do? I don’t have room for all my crops.’ Then he said, ‘I know! I’ll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I’ll have room enough to store all my wheat and other goods. And I’ll sit back and say to myself, “My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink, and be merry!”’ “But God said to him, ‘You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?’ “Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.”

• Harry

Avoid Greed is what Jesus is saying Money is a protection Says Ecc 7;12 but wisdom protects the life of its owner There is nothing wrong with money but LOVE of money can cost you eternal life John17;1-6

Source(s): bible