Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

I’m a 26 year old woman and my temperature is 99.3 should I worry ?

I also have a runny nose 

Worry about what?  You have some kind of infection, probably a cold based on the low-grade fever and runny nose.  If you are concerned you may have COVID, contact your doctor and get tested.  This isn't rocket science.  

Worrying doesn't change anything.  Taking action does.  Drink lots of fluids.  Take an over-the-counter fever reducer if you want.  Take an over-the =-counter cold medication if you want.  Call your GP in the morning if you don't feel better or if you need information on where to get a COVID test.  

• garry

what about a mild cold .. what does hypocrondriacdriac mean to you ..

Nah, a low grade fever like that is your body responding to a foreign object. The increase in temperature is your body trying to kill any pathogens

You can meet Doctor and than get medic!

sounds like a virus; that is really not considered a fever however. Tale some tylenol. You do NOT need to go to the hospital with just a runny nose. Whether its COVID or simply another upper respiratory virus is impossible to speculate . But if those are your only symptoms you can be prudent but I wouldnt get terribly worried.

Your temperature is not normal temperature,You should go to hospital for your treatment.

It's somewhat possible you may have COVID, perhaps a 30-50% chance although if you are healthy in all other respects, you'll be okay. I'd recommend a test to be certain. You'd still be capable of transmitting it to others if you test positive.

• kelvin

you have a cold

A fever is 100.4. 

Unless you have a really accurate thermometer, take the measurements with a grain of salt. I have several thermometers and they all give quite different readings. I have an oral one that usually reads about 97.7. I have a no touch one that usually reads 95.5 on the forehead. I have one that touches the forehead and it reads about 98.7. I have a laser one that I use when I need to reach the water temp in my fish tank and it usually reads 94 in my mouth (it says not to use to measure body temp but I just wanted to see how it comes with others).  

• Rick B

Yes.  99.3 is deadly.  Surely you won't survive the night!!!!! 

SMH!!!