?
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

If Trump gets acquitted by the Senate again, does this mean he won and future presidents can get away with attempted insurrection?

I don't think the Democrats will get enough support to convict Trump in February and even if they do get enough votes and Trump gets convicted, some members of congress (mostly Republicans) feel this will further divide our nation.  I posted an earlier question with what Bill Maher said about Trump being fascist:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20210...

Favorite Answer

I am glad republicans lost congress, me voting for democrats payed off as an Arizonan, screw republicucks and I am glad I voted against the conartist trump this time.

• Rick

When Trump presents his case it will be obvious that the election was stolen. If it is a real trial not a kangaroo court.

• Sam

No, it only means that the current republicans are putting party ahead of country.

Trump has no connection to the insurrection. There is zero evidence by Pelosi that he told anyone to attack capitol or be violent.

You can't link him directly to the attack. The evidence you have is very weak in any court. 

That's like GWB being impeached for 9/11 because he ignored saudi intel. 

It will mean Trump's alleged insurrection was more Democratic grandstanding.  Woe betide the Democrat office holders when the GOP take back Congress.