Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Please help. I think I am dying ?

So i just found out I’m iron anemic.. I’m out of town and the nearest hospital is 1 hour away. I woke up with chest pains and indegretion im scared that with my numbers i have HF. 

It won’t let me add another photo but my 

Hemoglobin is - 8.7 

Hemocrit- 30.2

MCV- 63.4

MCH- 18.3

MCHC- 28 

RDW-19.4

Am i going to die??? I’m only 20 years old. 

Favorite Answer

"A normal hemoglobin level is 11 to 18 grams per deciliter (g/dL), depending on your age and gender. But 7 to 8 g/dL is a safe level. Your doctor should use just enough blood to get to this level. Often, one unit of blood is enough."

Once, my friend's menstrual cycle got messed-up, presumably due to hormones. She kept on bleeding for days, when it should have stopped already. 

She ended up having to go to the hospital due to blood loss. She became too fatigued to walk across the room, and mentally she became extremely irritable and confused. It was serious. The Dr. said she could have died because her blood levels got too low.

So if you are still able to walk across the room, then you are okay. 

So you genuinely thought you might be dying, and your first thought was to seek medical advice on Yahoo Answers? Smh. You do know ambulances exist outside of cities?

• kelvin

you are not dying, yet......................

Do you know what hypochondria is?

• Rick B

Yes.  You are certainly going to die.

SMH.

If those labs were fatal, the doctor would have called you to call 911.

Eat some iron-rich foods.  Take some iron supplements.  Move on.