Can a Samsung a21s use a microSD card as internal storage?

I have a Samsung a21s and I have a microSD card I'm trying to format the microSD card as internal storage.

When I went into settings I only found a "format" option whereas the tutorial I had seen on Youtube had a "format as internal storage" option. Well I tried the "format" option anyway and it was unsuccessful. So basically now I'm struggling to find a way to do this and I'm starting to think that it can't be done. Does anyone know if that is true or if I am doing something wrong?

Favorite Answer

Get a card reader and format it through your computer. If the phone still doesn't recognise the SD card then perhaps it's not compatible with the phone. 

computer hardware geeks frequently don't know anything about phone hardware ... I surely don't [why bother fiddling with cheap junk?]  call your provider's support people and ask them