Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 month ago

How come rich people invest but poor people don't?

Favorite Answer

Well, let's see:  food or investment?  rent or investment?  Clothes without holes or investment?  A pair of boots for the snow so I do not suffer through winter with this old pair of canvas sneakers almost worn through the bottom, or a bit of stock in Apple or something?

I don't know, I cannot imagine.  Please explain it to me.

• kswck2

Wealth often has an inverse reaction to what many would think. The More money you have, the less you spend (Bezos, Musk, Gates). The less money to spend the more you have to invest. 

People with less money spend it on their necessities. An when they get more, they splurge it on something to give them gratitude, rather than save it and invest it. One of the arguments of 'the rich just get richer'. 

Poor people don't have enough money to be able to invest (or to be able to invest enough to be successful at it).

Its all about market. Poor people market is much larger than individual rich. Creating need is the game of success. 

🥴 We dont have money to invest in the Poor class. 

Because rich people have surplus cash.  Poor people have little disposable income.  Also they don't teach you about investing in schools so the rich person likely finds out about it because he hangs with other rich people who know about it and the reason they know is because one day they realised that they have too much money and the bank isn't offering a good enough rate on it.  The poor man is overdrawn and in debt, he never has 'spare' money and so he never has that "problem".