Is it inappropriate for someone to look in a person's medicine cabinet?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Strangers are generally inappropriate though police could be an exception. Visitors, appropriate with authorization like emergency personnel. Family, likely appropriate, thinking of a responsible parent.

Many situations are different. Next time you ask, you should make the situation clear. The needs for going through someone's belonging could vary, and might save a life.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes. Why would you need to do that unless you had some official/medical reason to do so?

Snooping in a closed cabinet, closet, drawer -- anything like that -- that you have not been given explicit permission to open is highly inappropriate.  What's in them is none of your business in any way.

• 1 month ago

YES.  What is in my Medicine cabinet is no one business.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is inappropriate to open ANY drawer, door or cabinet while you are a guest in someone's house, no matterwho you are to the people who live there.

If one needs something, they should ask their host for it and NOT rummage through their home, looking for things or snooping.

It's called minding your own business.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes! Very rude, unless you needed something and you asked.

How would YOU like it??

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Could possibly be criminal based on their own desires zxj

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

• 1 month ago

Yes,very. It can make you treat someone better or worse than if you hadn't. Like that Seinfeld episode.

• Ivan
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Well sure it is. Would you go thru their drawers too? Mind your own business.

• Daisy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Yes, it's inappropriate to look into another person's medicine cabinet- especially without their permission.

There is no reason to do so.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

My brother's in hospital, so I had to go to his house and pick up some underclothes and toiletries, so that's my excuse.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's not inappropriate if you need an aspirin or something, but wouldn't you ask the host first?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.