Job question?

I have been trying to get a job at a quick service restaurant for months. I applied EVERYWHERE and only got a couple of emails saying I have been denied a job. I have tried to go into the restaurant around 3pm and ask for an application but all of the places just told me to apply online. I am 16 and have no experience so I don’t know what to do.

When I say quick service I mean subway, chipotle, etc. 

Go back to those places and ask to speak with the manager.

• Tavy

Look who is hiring then apply online. Days are gone when they give out application forms.

You are trying for jobs that are not there.

Be aware that literally EVERY job posting gets 200 to 300 applications.  It's numbers,  not something against your age. 

• ?

So do what they tell you and apply on line. The more you go out the more you put your self at risk for possibly contracting covid. Depending on where you are restaurants may be completely shut down and or only doing take out, curb side pick ups, or delivery.

If you're allowed to follow up with your applications a few days after you apply. Ask if they're interested in interviewing you and when they would start interviewing people.

Try applying work places that are more essential to the economy. 

• Kyle

well, with the pandemic still going on, and many places not having indoor service, they may not be hiring now.  

look to your school for help.  talk to a counselor for ideas.  or even look at a local temp agency for work.  though you may need to be 18 for some jobs.  but doesn't hurt to ask.

since you have no experience, ask teachers that know you well to be used as references.  you need those who aren't family that know your character and work ethic.  places will call on them for that info if they interview you.  ask them in person or call them if you can and get their preferred contact info.  then let them know what places you listed them as references for in case they ask.  

Look around grocery stores and retail there are job opening signs in the stores. It makes sense with the coronavirus people are not applying. It does seem a perfect job for someone 16.