Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Is is a yeast infection?

Almost a week ago I noticed it would burn down there when I would pee but I didn’t think nothing of it. Next I noticed I was itching badly down there, like so bad it was annoying. 

I then developed swelling on my vagina (which I learned it’s called a batholin cyst) so I start to worry. I’ve had a cyst before I was sexually active so I didn’t think it could be a std. 

Moving on, a couple day after that my discharge was green & super thick so i went to urgent care to see what it could be. They swabbed me down there & had me pee in a cup. I did & they said they would let me know in a few days. That same day they gave me two different antibiotics, a shot for stds & a pill for yeast infections without even telling/knowing what it is. So, I took those and I can say I do feel a little better, still having a lil itchiness but these meds take time. What made me ask this was because I have a dry, crusty looking rash in between my vagina & butt. Is that what a yeast infection look like? There’s no bumps just dry patchiness.

That definitely sounds more like an allergic reaction to the topicals that you were given.  GO see your doctor if this doesn't clear up.  You can take benadryl to see if that helps with the rash.  Allergic reactions can take several days to a week to clear up, btw.

No, it's probably your skin's reaction to you the antibiotics but it sounds like you have an STD of some sort a yeast infection is usually just white and smells kind of like cheese