Anonymous

Why are rural living people less educated typically?

There trends to be basically no innovation or highly intelligent or business savvy people living in places like South Dakota or Montana, Saskatchewan, etc. Why? 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

College is for rich people and rural people ain't rich that's for sure.  Opportunity is scarce out there and so are jobs and people with goals and aspirations in life.  There's absolutely no reason for someone living in a place like that to go to college.  It'd be a big financial mistake.

Attachment image
    Source(s): You don't need to spend a fortune on some fancy education to work in a menial job that isn't going to pay the tuition bill.
  • 1 month ago

Occupants of provincial districts regularly are considerably less prone to hold a ... of the 2016 official political race and by concentrates on "training deserts," or ... "The expectation is to make individuals consider the air pockets they live in," she said.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You can't make that statement across the board.  It depends on how good their schools are.  If they can attract good teachers, there's no reason why the students would be any less educated.

• J M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They aren't. I don't think you know very many people. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Many people say just the opposite, with those living in inner cities being much less educated than those from rural areas.  Please provide a citation for your claim.

• MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Many highly educated and business savvy people want to live in areas where they have job opportunities and can use their education.  Rural areas don't offer many of those opportunities.  But there are plenty of educated people in rural areas, and plenty of uneducated people in cities.  I'm curious to know your definition of "rural." 

• 1 month ago

That is interesting. I overheard some farmers asking the same thing about city folk.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.