Does a 2014 Ford Fusion SE have an EGR (exhaust gas recirculation)?

My car (Ford Fusion) has been turning off when I go slow after I put it in drive and it would crank and start up but sometimes it would do it again. I took it to my dealership because my mechanic said it’s an EGR problem but the salesman said the EGR doesn’t exist on that car because it has a turbo engine, they took it back in yesterday and said the problem could be the sensor because it could be a fuel problem.

Get a scanner and check for trouble codes.  That is the first thing you need to do.  It sounds like a bad throttle body or it just might need cleaning.  Good luck.

It Has an  EGR. My '80 does, too. When EGR fouled up in my '86 Toy, it stalled  a lot at hi altitude. The passageways were coked-up,  I needed  a piece of  1/8" cable on a drill to clear 'em.

Why would : "having  a turbo"  change smog requirements? I don't understand this.

Someone FLAT OUT LIED, and I doubt it was the salesman. There hasn't been a vehicle built for sale in the US since at least the early 1990s that doesn't have EGR, and it would be EXTREMELY unusual for a salesperson to mention it at all.

If you pay for diagnosis, they might tell you the truth. That car has an EGR. Why not try this; go to a parts store and ask them to pull the OBD2 trouble codes, then look them up to see what the computer knows is wrong. Know this- there are no OBD2 trouble codes that say replace a part. They will point to parts and systems that are suspect, and need testing. Failed parts need repair or replacement.

Do not know about your Fusion, but I would trust a mechanic over a salesman.