Lily asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Is it safe to take more than 2 weeks of omeprazole for a stomach ulcer? ?

If I take 4 weeks of 20mg omeprazole every day for two weeks...is that safe and effective for a stomach ulcer?

I took OMEPRAZOLE HCL for 10 years without problems. I have had 5 Upper Endoscopies in 20 years, and I have survived 2 stomach-cancer operations. The newest medicine to replace OMEPRAZOLE HCL is LANSOPRAZOLE 30 mg disintegrating tab. This new medicine dissolves on your tongue in one minute or put the tablet in a cup or glass with a little and drink. You take the medicine twice a day. I have not had any heartburn in nearly a year. Notify your doctor to recommend this medicine. I am a military veteran and receive the medicine for free, so I do not know the cost. Ask a pharmacist questions about this medicine.

• kelvin

To treat gastric ulcers: Adults—40 milligrams (mg) once a day for 4 to 8 weeks. Children—Use and dose must be determined by your doctor.

I have been taking one a day for 10 years, prescribed by my Doctor. A stomach ulcer does not heal in a couple of weeks. You need to reduce the acid in your stomach. Keep taking them until your Doctor says you are healed.