Anonymous

Why are many of the smartest people and most forward looking people in the world also the richest people in the world?

The richest people in the world at any given time are the people who end up pushing civilization forward technologically and made this technology accessible to the masses. Hundreds of years ago it was the ship companies, then the railroad companies, then the big industrial companies, then the automobile companies, then the computer companies, now the software companies. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Well, duh.  It shouldn't be hard to figure that out.

• 1 month ago

Well, of course the smartest people in the world are the richest people in the world, if you define "smart" as developing technology and selling it to the world. 

But that's not necessarily true. No one would argue that Einstein, for example, wasn't one of the smartest people in the world. But since he worked primarily in academics and government, he never made a fortune from the technology that was developed from his theories. 

Nor do the people who invented things necessarily become rich doing so. William Murdoch's steam engine made a lot of money for his employers, not himself, since he was an employee of Boulton & Watt when he invented it. 

And how do you know that some illiterate rag-picker in Kathputhli isn't actually the smartest person in the world? Without access to education and opportunity, people can't take advantage of their intelligence. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

every sector of business you listed has a large history of exploiting people, trying to take away their rights. study the subject before talking then you will at least look somewhat informed

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Those industrialist that continually have to be put in check by the government. Until now that is, when the left are supporting those who control the flow of information to the masses, is on the lefts side.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I disagree.

The two smartest people I personally know are some of the people I interact with who have the least money.  They can't fit in a conventional job, if their life depended on it.

Bezo is smart.  He is not the smartest.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.