Giannis asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 1 month ago

Is 5.5 feet distance too close to a 55 inch 4k TV?

Is 5.5 feet distance too close to a 55 inch 4k TV? I don't have space to sit further back. 

15 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Ah, the council house dilemma.

• 1 month ago

Yes, you need at least 9 ft.

• 1 month ago

Yes, it too close

• 1 month ago

Put it higher up the wall, or in a corner, then rearrange the seats, unless this TV of yours is in front of the toilet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I get closer than that when I clean it.

• garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

are you a fish or a snail , more like 15 feet .

• 1 month ago

It won’t harm you but it’s far less than ideal.

The trouble is that most content is still not 4K and older regular HD content never will be. 

So regular HD on a screen that size at that distance looks a bit crap, and it gets worse with better quality screens. You’re also so close that you’ll see all the nasty digital artefacts (pixellation, blockiness, jellies, etc.) plus additional unwanted artefacts caused by any 4K upscaling. Most of those artefacts are largely hidden at normal viewing distance.

But you have no choice so will just have to get used to it. Once it seems normal you probably won’t notice them. If your brain goes the other way and starts picking on every picture defect then your only choice will be to replace the TV with the best quality smaller one you can get. Good non-4K models at those sizes tend to produce better images with far fewer artefacts under all conditions than 4K models. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

here -

TV Viewing Distance Size Chart Guide for Full HD and 4K TVs

https://tvsguides.com/tv-viewing-distance/

• 1 month ago

That would make me completely sick.

On our 60" and I preferred to watch from at least 15 feet back.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's on the short side but acceptable.

There's not another room arrangement possible?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.