Gap between desk and wall fix?

I have an ikea desk and my apartment has siding lining the bottoms of the walls, causing me to not be able to push it up against those walls. Theres about an inch and a half gap. I cant have things on my desk cause they keep falling through. Suggestions or lifehack for this? 

Tack a small piece of trim to the back.  Have it extend up a half inch or so.  First paint it or stain it to match the desk.

I'm kind of lazy, so I would probably put a thin piece of wood or trim along the length of the desk, on top if you don't care or along the bottom if you don't want to see it, and either tape it on or screw it into the desk with little screws that aren't going to go all the way through the desk itself. If it's on top, you can put things on it (if secure enough), if it's on the bottom, it'll catch anything that falls that inch of distance (or however thick the desk is). You could also probably find some sort of thin shelving unit to put back there that's still wide enough to fit over the gap comfortably and not wobble around annoyingly or take up too much room.

{its not called siding inside) but yes, easily fixed by putting something on top of the desk, either the full size of the desk like a piece of acrylic, or just along the gap like a piece of painted masonite or thin trim, even a heavy decorative place mat would probably work.