Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 month ago

Why do some people say this is not real?

Some say the 'energy' we feel from other is not real. I wrote a question once about how a person's energy can affect others. I immediately got some answer from some person saying that such energy doesn't exist. 

But I know it exists because I can feel it and so can everybody else. I call it energy but I don't really truly know the true nature of it. For example, we have all heard of the term 'energy vampire' used to describe a person who,' gets increased energy around other people, but leaves those other people exhausted or "drained" of energy.' As you can see I quoted this because this is common knowledge. 

We have all experienced this whether good or bad. You can literally feel it happen to you when it happens. What's the point of writing an answer, ignoring that this exists?

But if we think about it, 'emotion' itself is energy. Anyone can feel this.

@Robert, you're implying that all we do is use our sight to view others' 'visual clues' but that's not all that happens. We also FEEL the emotions they send out. You don't even need to see them, you can have you eyes closed and sense somebody is angry from the way they move, breath. It's not all about the visual.

I realise this is like arguing the nature of consciousness. Some say there are metaphysical aspects to it whereas a lot do not believe in the metaphysical.

I like this answer save wrote on quora on the same topic:

'Depends on what you mean by ‘metaphysical’. Emotions are definitely physiologically rooted, therefore, it has a physical basis — the body apparatus perceives and interprets something (internal or external) through the senses and the nervous system, and has a physiological and energetic reaction called ‘emotion’. Since energy is not always seen, touched, heard, smelled or tasted, then you can say that it is not entirely ‘material’...

or corporeal - it is beyond the material body, it is beyond the ‘physical’. But the physical body is necessary for the experience of emotion. At least, the earthly, human body.'

A mind is like a big tree of a common place and thoughts are different spirits which are like birds. Birds sit and go, sing and go, drop shits and go and some build nests and live permanently in the tree.

Human beings are ruled by spirits but humans must learn to control and rule the spirits. Spirits possess people according to the mental state of the human beings and keep them in the same state until they are rejected and replaced by another. This is an all time phenomena occurring in all humans. Human beings are always under the influence of spirits. Certain situations and circumstances cause the possession of certain type of spirits. Often thinking and talking about bad subjects or bad imaginations even for fun can take serious turns on one who think and talk. Often thinking and talking about good subjects with good imaginations can create positive effects in your life. Your favorable thoughts and beliefs can bring favorable spirits by your side. The more you think the more would be the possession of that spirit. All spirits (good and bad) have the dominating character. They can take you to the extent of sacrifice or suicide.

All of your activities, talks and even thoughts determine what kind of spirits you will have for your life. Only these spirits are the reason for the good and bad happening in your life. These spirits determine your destiny from your daily activities, talks and thoughts too. Spirits are separate elements. A human being doesn't have a spiritual body. A human being during his/her life time is living with many spirits which have joined one by one since birth. They are knowledge, skills, feelings, emotions, interests and everything. Further there will be always some spirits with you on behalf of your parents, friends and relatives. Only these spirits make you remember them in a certain situations. All of these spirits are your consciousnesses and memories. Even thoughts are not your own. For example, when you want to take a decision on a subject, one after another the spirits think and you just listen, choose or reject the ideas which they transmit to your mind through your brain in the form of thoughts. Brain is just a media to connect the spirits to your mind. A mind is just a computer's mind. After the destruction of a computer completely you will not get its mind. The same is the case with the human beings. Soul is nothing but an energy needed for the functionality of a body. It is not a spirit or anything else. A body's functionality is based on the auto mechanism.  After death all spirits which accompanied a person quit and go to different places searching new bodies. No one lives after death in any form and there is no afterlife. All human beings are just robots made of flesh and bones and toys of the spirits for their games.

You must not leave your mind in its own way. If you do, the spirit will take your mind for its own, then controlling it is not so easy. First of all you must think and believe that it's not you. Then you must command that spirit both mentally and orally to go. Whenever you are possessed by that thought you must divert your mind at once towards some other subject and stay in it for a while and then continue your duty. This is a mental exercise. You may also bring at once an opposite feeling through your imagination. For example if the depression is about your future then you may think, imagine and believe that you are going to live a healthy, wealthy and happy life in future. You must continue this exercise for few days. While doing this exercise you are creating an opposing spirit, i.e., a positive force. Soon this new spirit gets stronger and eliminates the negative force. Within a few days you will be alright.

Those are called, "vibes." Short for vibration. According to modern physics everything is vibrating. There are all types of vibration. Sensation is an input module for vibration. Emotion is both radiated and absorbed, two features of everything from stars to atoms. We just fall some where in the middle. See: Hierarchy of sciences. 

"Psychic energy" or "esp" is a little bit different. People are skeptical about it, because materialism would have that only the five senses and matter/energy exist. Unless one can prove there is a source for esp, it's a "maybe" domain.

I'd refer you to Sheldrake who did experiments on this topic.

I believe it does transmit. For every action there is a reaction like it or not. In my humblest opinion thats  energy and irony all at the same time.

• j153e

"Studies of the Human Aura" by Kuthumi and "Dogs That Know When Their Owners Are Coming Home" by Sheldrake present two views of your question, and why some people are reluctant to affirm the existence of such "energy."

• ?

The energy you're referring to falls under the category of pseudoscience, as there's no real evidence that can be used to back it up or outright prove it wrong because there's just not enough information for us to have definitive knowledge about it. Things like Feng Shui, Reiki, Astrology, and Acupuncture are good examples of this, to name a few. Some people will choose to believe these things, while others will choose not to due to lack of clear evidence. 

What you're describing as an 'energy vampire' actually has more to do with the psychology of a person rather than actual energies. They do things, say things, and act in such ways that can make you feel emotionally, physically, and mentally drained, giving the impression of them stealing your energy, when in fact the things they've done, said, or the way they act, usually end up getting you thinking and make you feel like crap about yourself. You aren't literally drained, the chemicals in your brain have just altered causing you to believe you have. I'm not an expert on psychology or how brains work, but that's my understanding of that part. So while the term may be common knowledge, individuals may just not have enough knowledge of how the human mind works, and thus believe what you stated.

We also don't all experience these things. Not everyone is going to be able to experience these 'energies' that you describe, and a lot of people are going to be able to chalk it up to something that is more believable or proven. I, myself, have never personally experienced someone who could be considered an energy vampire, per say, but I suppose you could argue, in a way, that children are energy vampires in their own right, at that is something I have experienced. But again, that has to do with things more physical and mental, rather than energy as you define it. 

I will agree that, in a way, someone's energy can affect others, such as if they are in a low mood, unmotivated, depressed, angry, or if they're happy, excited, things like that, it does have it's own way of bringing people around them down or up too, but that also has stuff to do with brain chemistry.

Don't get me wrong, if that's what you choose to believe, more power too you. But if you're going to argue about it with someone, you'll need to have some sort of knowledge in actual, known, proven science if you want to be taken seriously. Even then, it's not guaranteed people will agree with you. I'm not one for conspiracies or pseudoscience myself really, but there are a few select things that I either do believe or am on the fence on.

For instance, and this actually pertains to what we're talking about and will intrigue you, I'm an Empath. Well, I'm kind of on the fence about this one, but it is the one thing that I've found that makes the most sense to me for the most part. I'm sure if I looked deep enough into it I'll find things I don't agree with, and like fortunes and astrology, it's kind of generalized to the point where a lot of people will probably be able to relate to it in one way or another, but with what I do know about it, it makes me feel better so whatever. I highly suggest you look into it and see if things start to make more sense for you as it may bring you more comfort, but I wouldn't go around using it as something that is fact.

Basically, believe whatever you want to believe, and as long as you aren't hurting others or shoving it down their throats, there's no problem with it, and you shouldn't really worry about what others think. You'll be much happier. Hope that helps in some way. Good luck, my friend.

You see something in people that other's don't. You just don't know what to call it.

• Robert

You pick up visual clues which  give you some ideas about how they will react in certain situations.  It's not their energy. It's learned behavior from you.  Nothing to be alarmed about.  Nothing supernatural