looking for some advice?

i am 17 and in year 12 at school. i hate my nose and since i was around 11 have been telling my family how badly i want a nose job. in the past year my parents actually took me seriously and said i could get one but when i was finished with my a levels so when i am almost 19. that is over a year and a half away and i am so insecure i genuinely don’t think i can wait that long. however, despite the fact my parents are open to letting me get a nose job this summer (so just 6 months from now) i can’t because it would mean returning back to college with the same people and everyone noticing. i am a very shy person and am not the time of person who talks openly about their insecurities to everyone. i can’t fathom returning back to college after getting a nose job but i genuinely don’t know how i’m going to cope for another 18 months with my nose. any advice?

• kelvin

than stop thinking about it and start worrying about your homework

Just do it. Yes, you're shy, but this has the benefit of making you more visible and you will attract positive attention, to the degree people recognize you. This is not a time to be tentative and shy. And there will always be people you know who will see you before and after. Do it now while you're still a teenager. Much better than waiting until you're in your 20s. And your parents need to feel that you're supportive of doing this. Do not hesitate: do it. You will be glad you did. There will be a few embarrassing moments probably, but just anticipate it and do this. It's your life. 

You will have people notice the difference , you hope.  Either this summer or 2 years from now.  Whenever you have it done, people will notice.

If nobody notices, then you had it done for nothing.  If you really intend to do it, then you may as well do it sooner and hope that a new nose makes you less insecure.