How do I file taxes if the company shut down?

Will they bother to send me a receipt of employment if their company is no longer in business? 

3 Answers

  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

    The company should still send you the w2 form.  Even though they're not doing business there should still be people in charge.

    If they don't send you a w2, there is a form for that.  The form allows you to estimate your earnings and with holdings.

    If you can, contact them and make sure they have your current address,

  • 1 month ago

    They are supposed to send you a W2 or 1099 form.  Try making contact with the law office that handled the bankruptcy/whatever. 

  • 1 month ago

    They are required to, if they do not; call the IRS, you can prepare your own and file it, if you have kept the records. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.