Why does my family give me a hard time for still listening to the radio ON A RADIO/CDs instead of one of those stupid “smart” speakers? ?

I have always, and will always, listen to music in that way. I can’t stand those god damn Alexa/Echo smart speakers! They’re so annoying. My family tells me it’s not good that I’m “so behind the times,” and that it makes me seem “uncool.” I mean, come on! It’s not like I’m listening to cassette tapes! 

• L

Because when you are right and they are wrong, they want to convince you they are right and you are wrong to justify the money they wasted.

So they think a monophonic speaker with mediocre frequency response is better than a stereo system that likely has much better audio quality.

I think the fitting phrase is "Form over function"; a fad rather than practicality and functional quality.

Just tell them that "HiFi" stereo music and radio have been around about for 50 - 60 years and you don't want to go back to low quality monophonic stuff.

Don't let what others think bother you.