I have a bagonia rex and im having problem with it?

The leaves tips  and edges are becoming soft  and pinkish and eventually  drying up i have right next to a humidifier and max setting  in a closed lil room with rotating fans  which eventually made the leaves become very wet so i opened a window as i read bagonias dont like wet leaves i water them every 3 days give or take but still the leaves soft areas continue to move  closer to the center of the leaf could it be the humidity thats too high or too low or is it under or over watered  i tried cuting the areas that were soft and hoping it would stop but as you can see from the pic it just keeps  coming back from where i cut and moving closer the center of the leaf  any1 know what this is as  you can see the leaf  that has the soft  edge is pink and not brown like normaly would happen if underwatered  the pink does harden tho and become crispy after a while 

Attachment image

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Ben
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I imagine rot got into the leaf because it was too damp. You should remove the whole affected leaf, not just part of it. 

More importantly, Begonia rex are not really meant to be kept in leaf all year. They are deciduous, and are meant to die back to their tuber over the winter. You then keep the potted tuber somewhere cool and dry but frost free over winter, then repot it and start watering it again in the spring, and it will resprout. That's what I do with mine every year. 

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

BEGONIA.

They like to be kept dryish and out of drafts. They don't last long indoors.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.