Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsBirds · 1 month ago

Can a blue eyed mom and brown eyed dad have a blue eyed child ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I have brown eyes with recessive  blue gene from my Grandfather who had blue eyes but none of my children have blue eyes one is amber one is brown and one is green Two of my children's fathers have blue eyes and the other is brown eyed My oldest child has amber with a triangle of brown in one eye Hows that for a mixture 

• TK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In what species?  Humans?  Yes, a human blue-eyed child can come from mixed color parents because of the six alleles that determine eye color, the brown (dominant) allele could be heterozygous for blue.  Therefore the brown-eyed parent has a 50/50 chance of passing on brown or blue eye color. 

• 1 month ago

Absolutely.  Even two brown eyed parents can.  

• 1 month ago

yep====================================

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, easily. The dad would have to be heterozygous. I had a student with brown eyes whose parents were both blue-eyed. I had to explain to the class that eye color isn't as simple as it is portrayed in beginning genetics courses. 

• !
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Of course they can.

• BJJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The only way to present blue eyes is to inherit two copies of the blue-eyed gene. However, brown-eyed parents can pass a recessive blue-eyed gene. Therefore, two brown-eyed partners can birth a blue-eyed baby. ... Brown eyes + blue eyes = 50% chance of blue eyes, but only if the brown-eyed parent carries a blue-eyed gene

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.