Is it worth paying more than double for a set of tires to have high end Michelin’s?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

How long do you expect to keep the car?  ....  How do you drive:  just around town in nice weather, or long highway miles in all kinds of weather?  What kind/type of car?

Never buy el Cheapo tires - a false economy,  but don't waste money on high-speed, high performance tires for normal use.  No use spending more for 80,000 mile tires if it's a old car you plan to get rid of soon.

I've had good service from Goodyear and Dunlop tires - usually their best for a fairly new car I'm going to keep.....their best tires are less costly than "exotic" performance tires.  I had one set of Michelin tires which were NOT satisfactory:  they might have lasted a long time, but had very poor traction in the rain . . . . I replaced them after 6 months and took the financial hit but sure felt safer.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I purchased 5 Uniroyal steel cats top of the Range Tyres 60,000 miles later worn out so I purchased  set of 5 Chinese tyres lasted 65,000 miles at 1/3 the Price

today I am on my 3 set of Chinese tyres top speed in my Country is 110 kh so where is the Point is Tyres rated at 200 MPH

• garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

michelin isnt the high end , its the medium price range and yes there worth it , try pirelli and other eupopian brands .

• 1 month ago

The only Michelins I would pay extra for are the CrossClimate all season tires.   They are the ONLY all season tires that are winter rated for heavy snow.   

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I've run expensive Michelin tires before and they were great the first year but the second Winter they didn't have much traction and the road noise was bad. I don't know what kind of vehicle you're driving so don't know what to recommend.

• 1 month ago

Not on my Corolla. If I had a 911 or a Hellcat, I might need tires that could handle the power and G's while I constantly break the law- I mean enjoy  spirited driving..

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sometimes. But there should be a case for it. A high end car driven hard should have tires suitable for the purpose. If your car is just a car to you, then just get good tires.

• More than 50% less is a big difference.. My guess is you will get what you paid for.. Cheap tires.. Make sure you have a good spare..

• 1 month ago

I always buy Goodyears.  Michelins wear too quickly.

• 1 month ago

I suggest you check Consumers Report for information of the best tires. Then you can figure out what you are paying for

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.