Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 month ago

Is a mutation expected to make the Covid-19 Pandemic worse?

Update:

Will we have to go back onto lockdown this summer and next Christmas?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The power-grabbers of all sorts will use this illness for as long as they can to gain control over people.

I don't actually know how much difference the mutations will make, if any.  We will have to wait and see.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

i doubt it'll make it worse. they already have a base vaccine, just a few adjustments could also be made for any mutations. 

you all seem to lack basic knowledge. mutations do not completely change the virus. mutations are usually only a small change, not much significance. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There are already several mutations of this virus that are very dangerous and not affected by any vaccine.  There will be no Christmas in 2021 because every single human will be dead by then.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not expected; already present. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Probably not.  Successful viruses do not kill their hosts or make them too sick to go out and spread them.  Mutations that spread the most are the milder ones.  That is why the common cold is so successful.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would hope not

• 1 month ago

Seems that is happening.   One mutation makes it 50% more contagious.  Another makes it different enough that the current vaccines do not work.  

• 1 month ago

It can happen. That is why most viruses cannot be fully irradicated. They mutate and make it hard to find something that will stop them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.