My husband has a fever of 102.2 is that a high fever?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Yes... maybe give him a small blanket so he’s warm but not too warm.. give him water and just watch over him until you can call a doctor. I’m sure he’ll be ok!! Call the doc and ask tho ok

• John
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Is it a fever ?    YES.

....get a covid-19 test and if it is covid, isolate.   Any breathing problems at all....go to E.R / A&E

If it's a cold, -  paracetamol, hot lemon with a shot of whiskey, 'Sinutab' from pharmacy (works wonders),  lots of soluble vitamin C tablets ( gets rid of it quicker but doesn't prevent colds )  and keep warm.   Vitamin A helps prevent colds. 

• garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

he has seen a doctor i hope , after all he wouldnt be walking . no sex for you .. lol

• 1 month ago

Yes it is     

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It's a fever.  Rest.  Fluids.  Don't take tylenol unless in pain or if the fever goes up.  Allow the fever to burn off the bacteria or virus.  He'll heal much faster.  Hope he feels better soon.

• hart
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

fever is good for you kills the unwanted bugs

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's definitely concerning.   If it continues to increase,  go to the urgent care or ER.

Try acetaminophen to bring it down. 

• 1 month ago

It's high but not life threatening.  Usually you have a fever because your body needs to raise its temperature to fight an infection.  A fever can be good.  It's only dangerous for adults who have a fever higher than 105 degrees F or a fever over 103 degrees F that rises or lasts longer than 48 hours.

• 1 month ago

Medium.  You know, fever is part of the body's immune response.  It may be best to let it alone.  

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, fairly high (but not dangerously high).  But it might go down if it's because of something like flu or a cold.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.