First accident help???

Hello today as i was driving from work,  i got distracted for 2 seconds and i hit the guy driving I front of me.   It looked like there was no damage to they’re car but they still wanna take it to they’re machanic incase there’s damage underneath. 

They would call me tomorrow if they want me to give the cash,  or if they wanna contact insurance company.     Im like pancaking because ive never been in this situation before.   They took pictures of license plate,  and insurance documents.

Please help im so scared

• TedEx

Report it to your ins co ASAP.   Too damn often, these " It looked like there was no damage""    comes back to bite you in the *** ,

with  "MY back hurts, I have whiplash,the car will require a new whatthehell is it, which  will cost $ 3000.00,,etc etc.  

Better you report it to your ins co than they do the reporting

dial 999 or 112 as quickly as time permits and request an emergency vehicle. treat any undeniable wounds. lie the individual down if their wounds permit you to and, if conceivable, raise and backing their legs. utilize a coat or cover to keep them warm.

*their. pancaking? lol 

• car253

If they want cash then pay with a money order or  cashier's check.   Have a paper trail.   Get a signature that says paid in full so they do not come back later asking for more money.    That will keep it off your DMV record.    But there are problems with settling the claim yourself.  Thing do go wrong.   So, I still strongly suggest don't pay them.    Let your auto insurance pay for their damage.   If there is no damage there is nothing to claim. 

Again, let your auto insurance company handle the claim.   That is what you pay them for.    For more help please post your state.   Laws are different in every state.   

• May

First accident, umpteenth accident.  It doesn't matter.

Simply notify your insurance company and direct the other party to your insurance .  *Do NOT*  try to settle this by paying them "cash" out of your pocket.  You will regret it if you do.This is what insurance is for.

"I'm *like* pancaking....or I'm *like* panicking?

Using *Like* inappropriately shows immaturity and the wannabe Valley girl mentality.

You're scared of what, exactly?  The crash is all over, nothing to be afraid of now.  

If there was no damage visible, there won't be any invisible damage beneath the surface.  It doesn't work that way, because basic physics. 

they contact THEIR insurance.  They got your information. So, their insurance will go after your insurance for anything ABOVE their deductible.  Mainly it will be cash out of their pocket as they must pay the deductible first.

You don't have to pay them schit.  "Go through insurance, that is what it is for."  is what you will say.

IT'S OVER.  Get on with your life. Always pay attention while driving.

Your insurance won't ding you with higher insurance costs.  You get a "Freebie" on the first one.(especially if it is THAT minor.)

you might have to pay for the damages

YOU call your insurance company and let them handle it.   Do not give them cash.  

• CB

Do NOT pay cash - if there is something they want fixed call your insurance company to report the accident and let the insurance handle it - EVERYONE (except my mother at 82 and probably hasn't driven 10k miles in her life) gets into an accident at some point in their driving life - not a big deal.