Al asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

If I violate a contract without realizing it, could I be sued ?

my defense would be I did not read the contract or the print was so small it was unreadable. I could speculate the print was INTENTIONALLY small to DECEIVE signers of the contract. 

Update:

if I pretend to be mentally incompetent, could I get out of the contract 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

By signing you are saying you read the contract in full and agree with it

So know

You might be able to claim mental incompetent  if there was prove from prior to the signature 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

When you sign you LEGALLY admit you have read the contract IN FULL.  "Intentionally small" doesn't matter.  Yes, take your medical records that indicate you are mentally incompetent to Court when you get sued.  I suspect there is no "pretending" when it comes to your mental health.

• xyzzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nope. It doesn't work that way. It is your responsibility to read all parts of the contract. If there are portions that you cannot read request a copy with larger print before you sign.

• 1 month ago

That will not work.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

my defense would be I did not read the contract

That IS NOT a defense. In fact, it could cause you to lose a case you would otherwise win.

I could speculate the print was INTENTIONALLY small to DECEIVE signers of the contract.

That actually could be a legitimate defense, but you would need evidence you don't even claim to believe.

if I pretend to be mentally incompetent, could I get out of the contract

WHEN you were caught, you could be CRIMINALLY charged with fraud.

• 1 month ago

anything is possible

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, you could. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

LOL

the law does not accept childish excuses

• 1 month ago

ignorance is never a reason.  You will always lose due to ignorance. 

"Gee officer, I didn't see the speed limit sign so I can't possibly know what the speed limit is."

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

you sure can be sued .  never sign anything you have not read or understand . 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.