Anonymous

Is it ok to cheat on an assignment that isn't worth any points?

It's not worth any points so it doesn't go to my grade at all. Is it fine to look up answers online?

Favorite Answer

Whether or not it's worth points has nothing to do with it. What kind of assignment is it? I give my students lots of assignments where I EXPECT them to look up information online. That's a skill they need for the future- how to find information, evaluate it, and decide how to use it. Perhaps your teacher expected that. 

In life, not everything is graded, but everything counts. Your employer won't give you grades every day or every week, but everything you do will leave an impression that will go into your annual evaluation, and any recommendations for raises or promotions. 

Of course it isn't ok. If you are going to cheat, what is the point of doing the assignment in the first place?

And who loses if you cheat?  YOU do, you twit.  

No. And I'm afraid this will send you down a dark path, one you can't turn back from.