Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 month ago

Plus sized belly piercing; is this normal? & is this placement for the piercing correct? ?

I got my belly button pierced Nov 4th 2020, almost 3 months ago. It appears very bruised. It doesn’t hurt but sometimes it feels like pressure on the piercing. There’s also a hard patch of skin behind the top ball & today the top ball started oozing slightly, not much at all but it’s never done that, & it kind of hurts now (possibly from cleaning it so much) but I’m not sure, I’ve been worked about the discoloration but now I figured I would bring it to the web. HELP PLEASE!! As far as the placement I figured they put it up higher to give it room to breath, but my friend told me that’s just how they pierce them now... any ideas on that? Thank you!

Google says some discoloration is normal & it’s been that color since the week it got pierced. There isn’t in pain at all I only feel pressure in it when I take my pants off... so, if it is infected what should I do? Other than remove it lol I clean it once in the morning, once at night & in the shower.

I believe my pants push on it and have been causing irritation, I’ve been keeping my pants off the piercing & it’s not as irritated anymore... by the way ANYONE can do ANYTHING they want regardless of their weight, height, skin color or race. A piercer will let you know if you’re anatomy isn’t right for the piercing & trust me I did plenty research before getting this. What a bunch of internet bullies you are. 

Favorite Answer

I would personally go back to who pierced it and ask them for advice if that's an option right now (lockdowns and things like that) if it is an infection don't take i out without a doctor seeing it as you may be able to fix it and if you take it out you could trap the infection also don't listen to anyone else who is making fun of you its your body if you like it that's great you should not be having people tell you what to do or making fun of you

Oh Lord,......Keep Your Top on

What the ...........................?

K ima go puke now

Jesus.....................WHY would you do that?? Can't you see that to get a piercing on a belly that is clearly overweight would cause problems.? The person who did it is as irresponsible as you, this would almost definitely become infected because it would be buried in folds of sweaty fat? Madness. 

• mike m

Ooh, lah, lah, that is sexy, NOT!!

• LM440

Go back to the piercer and have them evaluate the healing.  If you feel it to be a medical emergency, get medical attention promptly.  There are too many unprofessional opinions posted for you to make a proper decision.

No, it is not normal and putting a piercing in that area to draw attention is not going to help.

Honestly, this looks repulsive. You deserve better, try to lose some weight. On the topic of the piercing, get rid of it entirely. Best of luck.

Akib

Yuck, keep covered.

You're better off just removing it, it looks infected.