Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Is it cheesy to write my parents a letter about how much I appreciate them?

I'd prefer to do by letter rather than in person. I'm about to turn 18, and I just want to thank them for being such kind and awesome parents who love each other and all my siblings. I had the best childhood ever. I am lucky to have such a close relationship with both of them, and I can tell them about anything. I'm going to miss them next year in college. 

Is a letter the right approach? I'm trying to be specific and not make it cheesy, but I don't want it to be too long. I just want to say that I've never really said it enough, but I can't put into words how truly grateful I am to have such good parents. 

Favorite Answer

Why on earth would you think this is cheesy?  I can guarantee they will love and appreciate it more than you can even imagine.  I also think you pretty much wrote it in your question.  Everything you said here is perfect.

i dont think so

i dont think so

No, not at all IMO, I did that for my parents birthday cards this year, and it made them really happy. :)

They might act a little embarrassed & not want to talk about it but They will treasure it.

A letter is fine, and you might find it easier than sitting down with them and saying it, but I'll bet they'd love that even more.