Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Is it cheesy to write my parents a letter about how much I appreciate them?

I'd prefer to do by letter rather than in person. I'm about to turn 18, and I just want to thank them for being such kind and awesome parents who love each other and all my siblings. I had the best childhood ever. I am lucky to have such a close relationship with both of them, and I can tell them about anything. I'm going to miss them next year in college. 

Is a letter the right approach? I'm trying to be specific and not make it cheesy, but I don't want it to be too long. I just want to say that I've never really said it enough, but I can't put into words how truly grateful I am to have such good parents. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Why on earth would you think this is cheesy?  I can guarantee they will love and appreciate it more than you can even imagine.  I also think you pretty much wrote it in your question.  Everything you said here is perfect.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i dont think so

• 1 month ago

i dont think so

• 1 month ago

No, not at all IMO, I did that for my parents birthday cards this year, and it made them really happy. :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

They might act a little embarrassed & not want to talk about it but They will treasure it.

• 1 month ago

A letter is fine, and you might find it easier than sitting down with them and saying it, but I'll bet they'd love that even more.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.