cheese spread?

ive become addicted to gouda pecan cheese spread and i smetimes buy to much to eat in time so is it ok to eat old spread after a month or so if theres no mold?itll smell ok but ive noticed some areas taste a bit funny but not all of it though. if i dont see any green or red mold appearance despite the off taste in some spots is it still ok to eat?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

    Ok. Smell it. Eat it. See it. Taste it. Enjoy it. Notice it. Spread it. 

  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Most cheeses Are a type of mold-think Blue Cheese. Probably your 'off taste' is the pecans going off/bad. So just toss it out and buy another block. 

  • 1 month ago

    It is cheese. Cheese IS edible mould. Your fine as far as that goes. However, the off taste may be coming from the pecans going rancid. Be careful of them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.