Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

Used regular water and microfiber to clean bird poop off car?

Idk what is up with birds but they like to poop on my new car. Never did they poop on my old car. I just saw like 4 different droppings on my car and i wanted to get it off as soon as possible but unfortunately all I had available was water and a microfiber towel, so what I did is I soaked the towel and wiped the poop off. I plan to wash the car next Saturday. Am i good or should i be worried that the poop may still damage my paint?

Plenty of water is good. It's important to get to it before it dries.

A good wax polish will help protect against poop damage

You removed the crap, so it cannot do any further damage. 

Even if that is somehow untrue, what difference will worrying make? If you can’t wash the car until next Saturday then worrying makes no difference. If you can wash it earlier then you probably will do so anyway.

If you routinely use car wax (even if only in a car wax shampoo), then that acts as a barrier between the paint and the poo. Again, a waste of good worry. 

Save your worrying for things which genuinely matter.

You've done the best you can, don't worry about it. It's only if it is left on there for a considerable time that it might damage the paint.