Andy asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Is uranium a good cat name?

I'm a science buff and I want to name my mew cat after an element. I was either thinking of uranium or strontium.  Which one would you pick?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

What about Catmium?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

How about neon? It's one of the elements. 

• 1 month ago

They are both good names.  I think I would go with Strontium.  Some people might interpret Uranium in a crude way.  

• 1 month ago

OMG!!  Give the cat a proper child's name!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No, how are you going to call it with names like those? "Here, Uranium, Uranium." "Here, Strontium, Strontium." Yea, neither of those are good calling names. I'd go with something more simple to say. Like, Tin or Copper. "Here Tin, Tin." Here, Copper, Copper." Yea, those would definitely be easier to call your cat to come eat. You could be like, "Here, Tin Tin, time for din, din."

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'd name it Schrödinger. 

• 1 month ago

I like your idea, but would pick Einsteinium if the cat is particularly smart, or otherwise a more obscure element than uranium.  I've started naming feral cats I feed for moons.  Started for no good reason with Uranus (Ophelia, etc--names originally from Shakespeare or Alexander Pope).  Considering Phobos and Deimos for next series.

(I did use Schroedinger for one cat years ago)

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No                 

• OTTO
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Uranium sounds okay to me. If it feels right, then so be it. Strontium is more exotic, though. Or how about Felinium? Or Meowium? The undiscovered elements.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's only a good cat name if you also have a dog and name him Plutonium. That way you can call them Ura and Pluto for short, and people won't be able to figure out if it's because you're a science nerd of a Disney nerd.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.