?
Lv 4

Would you sell your car if it was in a condition where it wouldn't start?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Any car may not start for a thousand reasons.  I would want to find out what was wrong and how much it would cost to fix .  Then I might decide to sell it.  But it if was not worth fixing, it probably is not sellable.

• Phil M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I might, but I would never buy one.

• 1 month ago

I have sold a vehicle that wouldn't begin.

I offered it to a garbage yard for scrap cost since it was a hunk of garbage and not worth fixing any longer.

• 1 month ago

In case you're pondering when to sell your vehicle and purchase another one, your vehicle's age and condition play the ... trust your senses and begin setting aside the cash that would go towards fixes to get ... the climate is reliably summer-like, this dependable guideline wouldn't matter.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, for a Lot less. As-Is.

I sold my old Honda for $500,hard starting, needed work, clutch hydraulics out, again. 

• F
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Non runners get rock bottom prices, scrap value really. If it just needs something like a new battery, it’s worth doing , but if it needed major engine work it’s probably best to sell as is.

• 1 month ago

Flat out NO. If I wanted to be in trouble, I'd rob a liquor store or something, then stand there until the cops arrived. Come on, George. Get smart. When my starter failed, I didn't sell the car. I bought a new starter and put it in.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Possibly, but too many variables to give a definitive answer

• 1 month ago

I purchased a 230e Mercedes Benz with starting problems hot and Cold

and was advertised as such so yes i would

the Mercedes Benz had a split Diaphragm in the Accumulator the Fuel Pump was pumping Fuel directly back into the Fuel tank so purchased for $1000 and + $1000 for parts Fuel Pump fuel Filter Accumulator Coil and air valve sad to say 10 years later was scrapped because of Rust Under the Plastic

• 1 month ago

Not without knowing what was wrong with it and how much it would cost to repair.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.