Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

I had a medical marijuana card in California when I was 20-21. Are there legal limitations now or is this only a medical record?

I’ve been doing some research cause I’m scared for my future. I had a card 4 years ago. I was a 20 year old college student and I quit the weed 5 months before the card expired. I was so young. 20 years old. Is the US really going to hold a bad decision against me when I was so young? I didn’t even finish college back then, I was too young to be even be educated properly. Anyway, I read that I have career limitations meaning that I can’t have a government job anymore. Any other ones? Can’t also own a firearm, permanently? On what type of records is this documented? Will this get cleared in a certain amount of time? 

Update:

The information I read up on is mostly from a few years ago. I’m sure it changes every year now. 

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Marijuana is currently legal for CA for adults. 

Was it illegal when you did it? Of course you were a minor so it would still be illegal today due to your age. If medically it was legal then what is the problem? 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.