lost it asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 month ago

Everything is temporary; nothing will last forever. Not you, not me, everyone will be gone. Isn’t this depressing? ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

“We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Arabia. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here."

Richard Dawkins

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

100 years from now no one will ever know you and I existed.

What kind of legacy do you want to leave your future children a good one or a bad one. What good have you done in your life that will carry your name forward? 

It is better to leave behind lasting impressions and works if you can.

• Carmen
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

That depends on each person view of life etc yes the things seen today are temporary but the things unseen are everlasting. Wickedness injustices prejudice homelessness economic issues sickness Death all temporary. Abundance of peace real happiness perfect health soon will be everlasting. 

• 1 month ago

It's only depressing if you CHOOSE to let it be.  Otherwise, look at life as a gift you've been given, so use it wisely by preparing for the next life.  Life is GREAT.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No, it's not depressing. That's just the way it is. The old make way for the new.

• 1 month ago

God is eternal. That is the reason for hope.

• Dejair
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

... but you have tools and modes to adapt and to participate . You are thee being !

• 1 month ago

Memories last forever. Put your best foot forward and be remembered.

• 1 month ago

Is it? Do children cry when the snow is gone or welcome the spring?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_gZu1xK29s

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.