Guys , are you straight forward when you want to be with a female or do you drop hints ? ?

So I’ve known this guy for 15 years now. We use to hang around each other when we were younger. As we grew older we kinda grew apart. Just living life. Now I have a 3 yr old son of my own. Me and my friend started talking again. He mentioned to me that he wanted to be a male role model to my son. He said even though my son is not his , that he loves him because he’s mine.  I told him ok that’s fine. & that’s sweet. The thing is , we barely see each other. So 

how is that even possible ? I told him I’m trying to get my own place Etc.... He was even dropping hints that he wanted to move with me. Example. I mentioned I need protection to have in my home since it’s only me and my son. And that because I’m not stronger than a guy & he said I am. So could this be him telling me something & not being straight forward ? I’m going to ask him myself as well. 

Thanks to everyone that answered. You all have good answers. But I just wanted to address that I would never bring my child around someone who I thought wasn’t going to stick around for the long run. I would definitely make sure I know what their true intentions were for me & my son. I’ve known this guy & He’s 100% a genuine person. Also he’s not the type to USE me. He’s always wanted the best for me in any relationship & has always told me to love myself. Trust me I know the man he is. ❤️

• ?

If you're afraid to be home alone you should get Ring, Simplisafe or one of the other cheaper alternatives to a full alarm system. Obviously if you don't even know what this guy's intentions are you can't be moving him into your home with your child. Knowing someone a long time isn't dating them for a long time. You owe it to your child to make sure this guy's going to stick around before you even consider letting him move in (and that takes several years to know). 

I get the impression that he could be one of those guys who needs minimal contact to have a fully functional relationship. Remember, everyone's emotional needs are different. The main thing is that you are emotionally compatible. With regards to him leaving you hints, I think that is most certainly the case. Guys will often drop hints as a way of communicating with you. Often the reason why they are not more direct is because they fear rejection and the awkwardness that follows.

• Joy

I think you should be very careful especially since there is a child involved before rushing to move in this guy..

You don't really know his life.  Don't let his sweet words about your son let you make irrational decisions.  

A normal man would ask a woman to move in with him, not the other way around.

Something is not right, seems like he's looking for someone to support him and you're an easy target..  

We, as guys are always straight forward when we know what we want. Although if I’m you, I wouldn’t just put all my trust in him because who knows what he has going on. If possible, try not to rely on him at all, build yourself first, take care of your son and then that man. But to answer your question, yes, as men we are pretty straightforward but we try not to be because we don’t want to seem too needy lol. If you feel some type of way about him, tell him, he probably feels the same but doesn’t wanna rush you. Gluck !

Some guys like to drop hints and be more casual, others are more upfront. I personally like to be upfront. Some of my friends are a bit shy and take more time. To each their own I guess. I hope that helps. You can always make the first move if you feel comfortable!