Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Is it normal to have your period for 10 days?

I keep track of how long it should be and I am extremely worried because, I had it for about 10 days now pls help.

Periods can last 2-14 days, so its fine, but yeah

No.            

No, You should talk to your doctor about this problem.

"Normal" is different for every woman.

So - what is YOUR usual "normal".

If you are new to having periods - then don't worry about it.  Periods can last for 10 or even 12 days or they can be as short as just 2 or 3 days.  If you are new to having periods, it can be common for the body to need a longer time to shed the uterine lining - after all - it is a new process.  Over time, your periods will probably fall into a shorter time frame.  If you are not having pain and the bleeding is not heavy, then there is usually nothing wrong.  

If you have had periods for several years and  this is not normal for you, it is still safe to wait it out and see what happens.

If the extra long period happens again on your next period or if you have bleeding between periods, then contact your doctor.

One strange or different period isn't something to be concerned about BUT if your periods continue to be different than your normal or you have bleeding between periods, then it MIGHT indicate a medical issue that a doctor may be able to diagnose and fix.

Again - ONE period that is different or longer than normal DOES NOT always indicate a problem and could just be a one time thing.  You only need to be concerned if the pattern keeps happening.

Yes that is fairly common. My wife experiences that a lot. Periods are a good thing. If you are in severe pain then you might want to get that checked out. I think you are good though.