Asep
Asep asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

How do I get drunk enough to forget my pain?

But not so drunk that I don’t start drunk texting people or I don’t start driving. I never drank alcohol before but I’m thinking of picking it up to forget some things

• Audrey
    Favorite Answer

Give your keys and phone to a TRUSTED friend for safe keeping till you sober up.

You will only "forget" for the couple of hours the effects last.  THEN, back to square one.  If you haven't taken alcohol up before. don't start now.  You'll only COMPOUND your problems - AND your pain.  Try smoking weed, it won't destroy your liver like alcohol will.  weed will help you cope better and find a SOLUTION to your pain.

Therapy is my favorite drink for this! You should try it.

This is one of the most stupid questions I have ever read. There is no magic number, and drinking yourself drunk just means you will wake up remembering what you don't want to remember only this time with a hangover. Grow up. 

• ?

Not going to happen, it's the pain that Y-Your pain, th-that hurt, that's... that's part of what makes you you. Memory cells are the toughest and most precious of intangents. They are guardians and stewards of a past ALL our own and when you attempt to wage war on your self and its memories the results will be far worse, not only the pain goes but so too the happy memories that are connected those painful events, because it's all one strand time, one life, though fractured and imperfect, it's nothing that should be made to disappear. Surgical removal of pain is outside of your reach and shouldn't be attempted. 

Maybe I better come back when you're not so busy.              

Busy?              

I thought you were gonna say "drunk".              But I'm not busy and I'm not drunk.              There ain't enough whiskey in Georgia to get me drunk enough.              

How drunk is drunk enough, Captain Junuh? 

Good question. Sit over here, I'll tell you what drunk enough is.              Aaron, can you find the young man a bottle of Nehi?     

I expect I could...              ...just as long as I takes my money with me.

Now the question on the table...              ...is how drunk is drunk enough?   

And the answer is, it's all a matter of brain cells. 

Brain cells?

That's right. Every drink of liquor you take kills brain cells.              

But that don't matter, we got billions more.              First the sadness cells die, so you smile real big.              

Then the quiet cells go, so you talk real loud for no reason at all.              

That's okay, because the stupid cells go next...              

...so everything you say is real smart.              And finally...              

...come the memory cells.

These are tough sons of bitches to kill.

• ?

A hobby would do the same thing - something that takes a lot of time and attention  - lern to cook, rebuild engines, knit, make jewelry - cheaper too!