Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

What's the point of working and studying If you're going to always be alone miserable and never live your life and have fun?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Society was made so that people wouldn't have to be alone and miserable in the chaos of the wilderness. Contributing through work helps make it better for everyone.

That is what I tell myself at least.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Even people who live alone and have no friends have to earn a living. 

Lv 4
    1 month ago

Well you should do a job in something you enjoy and that provides you with flexible working hours. Before the lockdown I was out once every week and I would go on holiday 4x a year. I worked from home and did a job that I enjoyed. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You can do both, there's a time and place for everything.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Craig
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

You're stuck working and studying, and you don't like it - right?

And you think you might end up being alone and not having fun - yes?

You should realize that it's YOU who has invented a mythical causal relationship between those two thoughts.  There actually is NO REASON TO THINK that working and studying (however unpleasant those might be) must lead to a life full of unpleasantness, or devoid of reward (fun or companionship or something else).  That's just YOU asserting that, so it'll provide you with an excuse to give up working and studying.

And beyond that - there is no logical justification for predicting that "you're going to always be alone miserable and never live your life and have fun", no matter WHAT you think the cause is.  You might not be able to imagine HOW you will be able to find friends or lovers, or be able to enjoy discoveries, accomplishments, and companionship.  But that's normal - none of us can foresee how these things might happen to us.  And yet the fact that you can see others older than yourself who are doing just that PROVES that it can happen in spite of our inability to imagine it.  So you are illogically predicting catastrophe for yourself when proof is staring you in the face that there's no justification for that assumption.  You want to imagine that those others are magically different from you, and that they don't have the same doubts and demons that plague you.  But they DO have doubts and demons - we ALL do - and yet they are content.  Just like you will most likely be.

This real issue here isn't the seeming pointlessness of working and studying.  It's your cognition.  You're allowing your thinking to get dangerously sloppy.  You might want to take a look at that - seriously.

• 1 month ago

Comes down to choice and how you want to live your life.  Work and study can provide opportunity and possibility, involving satisfaction, success, adventure, relationships and fun.  If you feel limited by work and study, then understand you are responsible for that thought process.  If you want a different outcome, make a different choice.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.