Is Christ himself more important than his Words?

Jesus does have the "I" mention in most of what he gave us and in John 3:16 God said we are to believe upon him....I like what he gave us in his words that he has taken responsibility over the salvation path for all and the old testament covenant of salvation by works no longer is required..... 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Christ is the word, John 1:1.  c.. John 1, Hebrews 1.

• 1 month ago

"covenant of salvation by works no longer is required.."

It's true that works alone can not bring salvation, but faith alone also can not bring salvation. You must have both!James 2:14,17 - Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but he does not have works? That faith cannot save him, can it? (17) So, too, faith by itself, without works, is dead.James 2:24, 28 - You see that a man is to be declared righteous by works and not by faith alone. (26) Indeed, just as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.Matthew 7:21 - “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.Here Jesus himself said that those who "DO" the will of his father is approved by him. Works!The teaching that you don't have to do any works befitting of a Christian is false. It creates hypocrisy and actually turns people away from God, due to the bad behavior of others. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No.  Christ is fictional.

Grow up and educate yourself.

• Misty
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Jesus never existed so you will have to pretend.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Jesus Christ literally IS God's Word. 

>> John 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and ☆the Word was with God, and the Word WAS God.☆ 2 He was with God in the beginning.  3 Through Him the world was made; without Him nothing was made that has been made.

...14  THE WORD BECAME FLESH AND DWELT AMONG US.  We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

...18  No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, WHO IS HIMSELF GOD AND is in closest relationship with the Father, has made Him known. <<< 

• Liz
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Peter, John, and James witnessed the transfiguration. At that time, they heard a voice from heaven say: “This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him.” (Luke 9:28, 29, 35) Our obeying the command to listen to the Messiah is a serious matter

(Acts 3:22, 23) In fact, Moses said: ‘Jehovah your God will raise up for you from among your brothers a prophet like me. You must listen to whatever he tells you. 23 Indeed, anyone who does not listen to that Prophet will be completely destroyed from among the people ."

This was another prophecy about Jesus who spoke with all authority from God who chose him to redeem mankind from Adamic sin and death.

• 1 month ago

IN A BOOK (II Corinthians 3:6)?

>>>JESUS GIVES COMMANDMENTS THROUGH THE HOLY GHOST" (ACTS 1:2)<<<

Mr Ellis you don't know WHAT Jesus said vs WHAT the roman catholic church said IN A BOOK!

Believe me baby, Jesus (((DID NOT))) command (((TWO))) baptisms; one in Matthew 28:19 

After speaking of (((THE PROMISE))) (Acts 1:4) in John Chapters 14, 15, 16 and command us to (((":WAIT FOR THE PROMISE"))) (Acts 1:4) of Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5) 

In order to "receive (((POWER))) (Acts 1:8) "to become the sons of GOD" (John 1:12-13)

(((THEN)))

Speak through Paul (Galatians 1:12) telling us there's only "one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5) 

THAT MAKES HIM A LIAR 

SAYING "ONE BAPTISM" (EPHESIANS 4:5) BUT ALLEGEDLY COMMANDS ANOTHER IN MATTHEW 28:19!

COME ON NOW!

YOU KNOW GOD DOESN'T LIE (NUMBERS 23:19)!

Today's Christians are so stuck on 'the Word of God' when the majority of the New Testament is the words of the roman catholic church.

"Jesus gives commandments through the Holy Ghost" (Acts 1:2) that we only receive after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5;8) 

That way (((THE PROMISES))) in John Chapters 14, 15, 16 can be FULFILLED which includes "guiding us into all truth" (John 16:13) through the LIES entwined into Scriptures by the roman catholic church.

NOW today's Christians are "worshiping the commandments of men" (Matthew 15:9) they've (((ADDED))) (Revelation 22:18) 

IN A BOOK

When "the letter killeth but THE SPIRIT giveth life" (II Corinthians 3:6).

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Christ IS "the living Word of God."

Revelation 19:13 KJV — And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

>>>and the old testament covenant of salvation by works no longer is required..... <<<

You must learn to differentiate between the OT works of the law, and the NT works that Christians are commanded to produce for Gods glory.

Christ speaking...

Matthew 5:16 KJV — Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Titus 2:14 KJV — He gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.