Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 month ago

Senior Citizens, to what ages did you parents, and others of their generation, live?

I'm in my late 70s now.  My paternal grandparents died at 74 and 77.  My maternal grandmother was a widow at 28 and died at 77, my father died in hospital at 74 but mum and her siblings lived to be in their mid 90s as did my fathers siblings and their  spouses also.

I fear that today's youngsters won't do so well because of their diets, drinking, smoking and (for some) drug habits.

• Janet

My father lived to be 93.  My mother, all 4 grandparents and one of my great-grandparents, to their late 80's.

My generation ate a lot of sugar, refined carbohydrates, drank, smoked and many did prescription drugs (tranquilizers, etc).  I think that today's youngsters at least have better health information than we did when we were young.

Most humans live between sixty and II0 calendar years zjq

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

• RICK

My grandparents lived from 70 to 93

My Dad lived until just before his 84 birthday 

My Mom lived to 81

All aunts and uncles are deceased except Moms brother who is 97

• T J

my grand parents live to their 80's my great grandparents wee in their 90\s

They were all in their 70's except for my mom who died in her late 50's.

I think if ppl grow up being healthy and takes better care of themselves they can live longer.

Back in the days, folks ate a lot of fats and sugar, smokes, and drinks, which trigger to their short life span.

• ted

Paternal grandfather: age 78

Paternal grandmother: age 77

Maternal grandfather: age 50

Maternal grandmother: age 80

Father: age 86

Mother: age 84 

Mostly in their 80s i'm 75 my father died of wounds from WW2 my brother died at 77 and my mum is still going at 103 and her grandmother was 99 an amazing age for the 1800s

• Kate

Dad was 81, my paternal grandmother was 78, maternal grandmother was 87, my mother is 96 and still alive. It's not unusual for members in my family to live to 100 especially on my mom's side. her 2nd cousin celebrated her 100th bday in August!

Mom~ 73

Dad~ 76

Maternal Grandfather~ 97

Maternal Grandmother~ 98

Paternal Grandfather~ 83

Paternal Grandmother~ 86

Dad at 96. Mom 42 and her Mom 106