How long does coffee last?

I drank coffee for the first time the other night and stayed up for an extra five hours.  Then slept for 3, and woke up go about my day.  Is this typical action for coffee?  If I replace 5 hours of my nightly sleep with coffee drinking I’ll be so much more productive it seems. Is this sustainable?  And if so, why doesn’t everyone just sacrifice sleep for coffee?  Sleeping a full night seems pretty antiquated and backward to me honestly.  Is it just a bunch of old pricks who are set in their ways who advocate for it still in today’s society?

Its not a healthy lifestyle

• .

They say not to drink coffee after 2-3 pm

• Im desensitized to it so it doesnt really keep me up unless i drink alot. But its supposed to last 8 hours or some sht

• You sound more sensitive to coffee and in the long term sleep deprivation and high levels of caffeine can do your body extreme harm.

• Kelley

It is vain and unhealthy not to sleep or to sleep very little.