Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

Should I trade my high mileage Honda for a low mileage Chevy?

My Honda SUV has 250k miles and has had many problems recently like all the lights going out and the check engine light going on. I have a chance to trade it for a Chevy SUV with 120k miles. Should I do it?

Trade in you mean.  250k  miles is a lot.  Trade it in but only if you have the Chevy looked at by a mechanic.

You have some idea of the problems in the Honda- it needs some new lights and the check engine trouble code will tell what's wrong with the car....but you haven't pulled the trouble codes yet, so PPPFFFFFFT*...find out what the problem is before jumping off. Changing lights and fuses is not a serious matter.

You don't know the condition of the Chevy at all. I wouldn't like it with 120,000 miles on it. It could have even more problems than your Honda.

*excuse me, I need a window opened.

I have no idea what you mean "trade it".

If you mean an even trade = I give you a 250,000 mile Honda and they give me a Chevy with 120,000 miles on it with nothing else exchanged between the parties= like say money....

Why would you consider this?  You haven't gotten anywhere....

Your car is worth next to nothing.  They aren't going to give you a car worth "something" in exchange for a car that's worth "next to nothing".

- you would be trading one jalopy for another jalopy.

• Audrey

I would. That is really high mileage.

Sounds like a good idea if you want to give them the old Honda and buy the Chevy. Sell the Honda or junk it as you will get nothing for the Honda and still buy the Chevy. They can make it sound good on papers but you will not come out ahead by trading.