Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsOther - Electronics · 1 month ago

Adt cellular failure?

My adt alarm system is saying "cellular failure" what does this mean 

It means that the phone company upgraded their cell repeaters and the ADT system is not compatible with it anymore. I had that happen with BAY alarm. They had to replace the panel with an upgraded one. They gave me the new panel, but charged me $90/Hr for the installation. That was chickenshit of them, but now my system works again.

It can't connect to the cell network,,forget to pay your bill ??

My control panel reads cellular failure what do I do

It means that the cell phone that links your ADT system to the people that are monitoring for you is broken you better call them right away

It uses a mobile phone service to connect to the ADT monitoring service.

For some reason it has lost that connection. One possible reason is sabotage in advance of a break-in.

You’re already paying ADT a subscription for monitoring and maintenance so call them. 

Or if you have stopped paying, you now know why you’re getting that message. No pay = no service.

• WayneH

I guess posting the question here and waiting for an answer is better than calling ADT.